This is a unique piece of student equipment for studying the basic elements of electrical circuits — resistance, inductance, and capacitance.
Some of the circuit arrangements which can be investigated are:
- series and parallel circuits with various combinations of resistance, inductance and capacitance;
- series and parallel resonance;
- mechanical oscillation at resonance;
- voltage-current relationships with varying capacitance and inductance;
- power and power factor in ac circuits.
All the set-ups are made with panel-mounted switches in accordance with a table of directions on the front panel.
A built-in transformer powers the circuit at 24 volts.
Jacks are provided for voltmeter and ammeter connections.
The magnetic core of the inductor has a metric scale so that curves may be plotted.
The instruction manual contains complete directions for all demonstrations along with an extensive family of plotted curves.